Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fashion?

I had considered throwing this blog away.  Many times, in fact.  I blog a lot on my weight loss related blog but this one - I don't know.  I've never been quite sure if it gelled or not.  But sometimes, you just have to write.

Zoe is 6.  She's much more "girly" than I've ever been in my whole life.  Things like outfits matching and looking right matter to her.  Her hair has to be just "so."  She cares very much about how her peers perceive her.  I just don't get it.  I can't sympathize with her because I don't get what all the fuss is about.  However, that being said, I do empathize with her and try to hear her frustrations and help her work them through.  But (confession time:) I often have NO IDEA what to say to her.  My first reaction is usually, "How can this be so important?"  But in reality, though it's nothing to me, and something I know nothing about, it's EVERYTHING to her at that moment in time.

So what do I do?  Sometimes I seek the help of others.  Often, though, I just support her with kind words or offer her options when she has 6,000 reasons why she can't wear anything in her closet or dresser.  It's not easy. AT. ALL.  As time goes on, I'm hoping my patience with this will pay off.

Please let it pay off!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!